Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» S-One Dexter Shade
Whip cream problem EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 pm by Paul Quah

» Deco Den Supplies Site List
Whip cream problem EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:24 pm by melonpop

» What do you think when you hear the word...
Whip cream problem EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:02 pm by biscuit

» Hello I'm new :)
Whip cream problem EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:49 am by biscuit

» floree mold... fake??
Whip cream problem EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:32 pm by craftjam

» Some deco pieces...
Whip cream problem EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:10 am by craftjam

» Some of my creations ^_^
Whip cream problem EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:39 pm by chiyochan

» What's your favorite Anime???
Whip cream problem EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:35 am by Mini Mo

» usefull sites and tutorials
Whip cream problem EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:43 am by anouck

Forum

Whip cream problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini Mo
Admin
Admin
Mini Mo

Whip cream problem Empty
PostSubject: Whip cream problem   Whip cream problem EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:23 am

Hi everyone

I would like to ask for advice about fake whip cream. I have been using normal silicone and I noticed that if I put little decorations into it, they fall out sometimes. I can't figue out how to keep them in place and stop them falling off Sad . It happenes usually on things like phone charms or bag charms, when they get bashed around a lot. I tried to find some kind of glue, but I've been told that there is no glue that would stick to silicone, only other silicone o_O'

I have Grace clay but I haven't used it yet. Do you think that this cream would be better? Or maybe I should use glue when putting things into cream?
Has anyone else had the same problem as me? If yes, how did you fix it?
Please help as I can't find any good solution Rolling Eyes
Thanks a lot

Mini Mo
Back to top Go down
https://decoforum.forumotion.com
Riechan
Riechan

Whip cream problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whip cream problem   Whip cream problem EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:32 am

I had the same problem when I bought a ring that was made with silicone and clay things in there. Some of the things fell off and I was trying to find a way too to stuck them back in there.
As for when you're deco-ing, if you use modeling paste, cabochons won't come off anymore. But how to use something to don't get them fall of with silicone. I have no idea...
Back to top Go down
Mini Mo
Admin
Admin
Mini Mo

Whip cream problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whip cream problem   Whip cream problem EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:16 am

Someone told me that modelling paste can be tricky, depends on the brand. And it craks off sometimes, so I wont be using it on items like accessories. And I've been told to use this:
http://www.artsupplies.co.uk/img_alt/AA-GlossMedium250ml.jpg
Acrylic gloss medium to varnish it (and aparently it works as a good glue too). So I think I will buy it and try it out. Normal varnish doesn't work or glue Sad

And thanks for reply! Surprised
Back to top Go down
hikaria

hikaria

Whip cream problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whip cream problem   Whip cream problem EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Grace clay would not work at all. Grace whip clay is just a really soft clay that can be used with a piping bag, so it will dry like clay. I have used resin clay whip before and it doesn't stay on anything, i'm not actually sure what it would be useful for but trust me, it doesn't stick at all.

I looked at some of my deco books and they all use silicone and they don't use any glue or anything... i'm guessing it's just the brand you use. I have absolutely no idea i'm so so sorry.

I do use modelling paste and i've been lucky enough to find a brand that doesn't crack or do crazy stuff on me, it's called MontMarte and it's quite a good brand. Another popular brand is Liquitex, but I don't know any outside of these two.
Back to top Go down
http://hikaria.com
Mini Mo
Admin
Admin
Mini Mo

Whip cream problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whip cream problem   Whip cream problem EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:17 am

Wow, I'm suprised that grace clay wont work. I have already bought two more but haven't tried them out yet! Razz

So are you saying that silicone is the best from all the products? Maybe I will try different brand of silicone.
I must say that I gave other cupcake to my friend and she said that this one is ok so far and she hasn't got any problems with it. So now I'm thinking that maybe it was just some unlucky cupcake! Shocked
And other things are ok and I haven't any problems with them.

And about modeling paste. Icouldn't find any MontMarte Sad And is Liquitex modeling paste too? I just found paints...

And thank you all for replies!
Back to top Go down
hikaria

hikaria

Whip cream problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whip cream problem   Whip cream problem EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Mini Mo wrote:
Wow, I'm suprised that grace clay wont work. I have already bought two more but haven't tried them out yet! Razz

So are you saying that silicone is the best from all the products? Maybe I will try different brand of silicone.
I must say that I gave other cupcake to my friend and she said that this one is ok so far and she hasn't got any problems with it. So now I'm thinking that maybe it was just some unlucky cupcake! Shocked
And other things are ok and I haven't any problems with them.

And about modeling paste. Icouldn't find any MontMarte Sad And is Liquitex modeling paste too? I just found paints...

And thank you all for replies!

Nah i'm not saying any of them are better, they all have pros and cons. But resin clay type whip definitely won't hold any items.

I haven't used silicone before, it's just my deco books all say to use silicone with no problems, so I assume it would be fine. But obviously I have no idea since I don't use it.

I personally use modelling paste. Any acrylic paint brand should also have a modelling paste, modelling paste is really just a thicker version of paint used by artists to create texture on art. You can definitely find it in a bigger arts and crafts shop or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Mini Mo
Admin
Admin
Mini Mo

Whip cream problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whip cream problem   Whip cream problem EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:56 am

It's just Kawaiifrenzy said on LJ that modelling paste cracks after a while. Did you have any problems with modeling paste before?
And I have couple of Japanese deco books and they are using silicone too. Although Grace clay is listed as well.

I think I will stay with silicone, and try modeling paste in the future, and use grace clay only for photo holders, frames etc.
Back to top Go down
hikaria

hikaria

Whip cream problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whip cream problem   Whip cream problem EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:10 am

Mini Mo wrote:
It's just Kawaiifrenzy said on LJ that modelling paste cracks after a while. Did you have any problems with modeling paste before?
And I have couple of Japanese deco books and they are using silicone too. Although Grace clay is listed as well.

I think I will stay with silicone, and try modeling paste in the future, and use grace clay only for photo holders, frames etc.

I only use modelling paste and it's never cracked. It's largely up to the brand, the formulas are all very different and i've just been lucky. There's no way to tell which type would crack and which wouldn't though.

But anyway I don't actually use pure modelling paste anymore because I wanted my cream to be shiny and to also whip 'softer'. I now mix half modelling paste and half impasto to make my whip cream. Impasto is just another paste medium artists use for texture, but it is softer and not opaque white. Mixing them together has given me good results, plus it dries shiny! I would also think that by mixing impasto with modelling paste it would make it less prone to cracking because it 'softens' the modelling paste if you know what I mean? Impasto itself dries to be soft and flexible like silicone, where as modelling paste dries to be hard as chalk, so together they balance each other out. It's just annoying having to buy an extra item though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whip cream problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whip cream problem   Whip cream problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Whip cream problem
Page 1 of 1